A full-course meal will be prepared for you each morning and served at 9:00 a.m., in the Sun Room. The room is decorated with items from our Asian world travels, a gas-log fireplace with an antique surround, and six tall windows looking out on the gardens and koi pond. The elegant setting includes Grandma Brownson’s china and silver.
The delicious menu will vary from day to day and may include an entree with breakfast sausage; fruit; scones or muffins; and juice, coffee, and tea. Please let us know if you have any food concerns for which we need to be aware. You may see one of the following entrees when you come in for breakfast!
French Country Omelet
This fabulous omelet with bacon, potatoes and chives is baked in the oven and is the perfect accompaniment to a cup of fresh fruit drizzled with Cinnamon Creme Anglaise.
Smoked Mozzarella, Bacon and Tomato Strata
This savory, hearty bread pudding is rich with ricotta cheese, corn and green onion nestled around multi-grain bread and seasoned with cilantro, coriander and cumin. The smoked mozzarella and bacon are a perfect combination with the plum tomatoes.
Brioche French Toast with Fresh Berry Compote and Crème fraiche
A buttery brioche is used in this flavorful French toast that is topped with a warm berry compote. The decadence would not be complete without a dollop of Creme fraiche!
Visualize a potato pancake with hickory-smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and leeks on a bed of spinach and topped with sour cream and a poached egg. Mmmmm, yummy…
Try this recipe at home—one of our favorites!
Peach Pancakes with Chai Syrup
- 2-15 oz. cans peach slices (retain the juice)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour or whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed, dark-brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
1 recipe Chai Syrup, below
Fresh or frozen peaches, chopped (optional)
- Drain peaches; reserve 1 cup juice. In blender, process peaches until smooth. Transfer to bowl; stir in cream and eggs; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, spices and salt. Add peach mixture. Stir just until moistened. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot, lightly greased griddle; spread to 4-inch circle. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes per side. Serve with Chai Syrup and chopped peaches.
Chai Syrup: Cook and stir reserved juice, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup packed, dark-brown sugar and 2 teaspoons cornstarch over medium-low heat. Add 2 spiced-chai-flavored, black tea bags; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened; cook and stir 1 minute. Discard tea bags.